Re: [OM] Re: [OT] Space shuttle media

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: [OT] Space shuttle media
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 09:42:42 -0500
>  But
>the tabloid journalists who started prowling the shops just outside
>the wire threatened a fairly delicate balance as they were only
>interested in a "good" story - one that would sell the next day's
>comic.  A code of conduct was missing then.

They were trying to uncover corruption/mismanagment/incompetence in either
the military or the makers of the airplanes. Blood and gore on it's own isn't
what sells, it's uncovering something that is wrong that sells.

>On the same vein and on OMs: I am reminded occasionally of my shame
>some years ago when, on seeing a man collapsed in the street, I asked
>the attending paramedic if I could take a photo (to vindicate my
>opinion of myself as a real life photographer).  His look of
>irritation and disbelief reminded me of what is really important...
>and it wasn't my wants or ambitions at that point!

You don't ask. You stand a good distance back and stay out of the way of the
paramedics. But, what was the story there? If there wasn't a story, then
don't bother shooting.

--
Be Seeing You.
Dirk Wright