Re: (Fwd) RE: [OM] OT eBay Fees

Subject: Re: (Fwd) RE: [OM] OT eBay Fees
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 10:57:41 -0600 (CST)
On Wed, 31 Jan 2001 19:26:08 EST, DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx wrote:

>no other
>auction format has been anywhere near as successful...and, while many of us
>would squeal, we all have to admit that we've gotten this function at a level
>very close to cost-free.....try using a "real' auction house or selling thru
>consignment and relinquishing up to 50-600f the value.

I agree. This list and eBay have been invaluable tools for me. As
I've built my stable, as it were, knowing that I could easily sell
lenses and bodies on eBay made me more willing to try pieces of
equipment I might otherwise not have tried, and more likely to
upgrade lenses to the next level, knowing I could easily sell the old
lens and recoup some of my expense.

On the buyer side, I've found items on eBay I'd never find locally.
As it is, I'm 100 miles from the nearest  camera shop with any kind
of olympus inventory, and theirs is limited.

So if eBay invoked a subscription, I probably wouldn't balk, as long
as it was set at a reasonable level. God knows what I've paid over
the years for TV channels, magazines, newspapers, and online services
that weren't nearly as useful.

BBB
-
B.B. Bean                                       bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx