Re: [OM] the eSIF mirror on taiga

Subject: Re: [OM] the eSIF mirror on taiga
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 22:14:41 +0100
: > another option--albiet somewhat far fetched but practical nonetheless--is
: > that each listie volunteers up, say, US$5 dollars (or equivalent or
: > something like that), sends to the "eSIF fund, c/o Hans"

Payment both in dollars, euro's, fisheyes and other Zuikos are always welcome; I
don't know however if I'll have any change for the occasional 350/2.8 that may
be sent. ;)

: Yet another possibility would be for Hans to build in some 'profit' (I know
: an ugly word) into the CD to be used to defray the mirror webspace.

There certainly will be a small profit built in the CD pricing but I don't
intend to put that money right back into the pockets of disc space providers. I
do admit that it would also be nice to have the url http://www.om-sif.com
registered, but why pay for something that can also be obtained for free and at
least the nbci server will guarantee inlimited free disc space 'forever' without
the necessary yearly contributions.

Regarding the probable price of the CD I figured that maybe the Beatles are no
longer 'more popular than Jezus Christ' (as John Lennon put it so delicately),
but certainly for the true Zuikoholic the eSIF is more popular than the Beatles,
so a price about the level of a music CD, say 20 or 25 euro/dollar seems
reasonable for obtaining a personal copy of a project that involved nine months
of hard labour (it _does_ sound like a child of mine, now doesn't it? ;)

hnz