Re: [OM] Updates to On-Line OM Library

Subject: Re: [OM] Updates to On-Line OM Library
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 14:42:35 -0700
At 06:49 PM 2/1/01 +0100, Frieder Faig wrote:

[snip]

I´ve been scanning VisionAge issue #3 (en), Mow I have a set of 26MB tiff files.
Now the question is: Wich is the program to make it a pdf?

It's called "Adobe Acrobat" (note: *not* Acrobat Reader). It's a commercial program, costs about $300.00 CDN for a copy.

- Where is it possible to get one?

Any store that sells serious software.

And I´ve another problem: Moiree effects,... are they troublesome? I don`t like
to soften the files, if not necessary.

Moire effects could be troublesome. Most scanner software automagically eliminates moire patterns these days, though. Acrobat may have trouble rendering the moire-affected images in an efficient manner. Perhaps you should e-mail the TIFFs to someone who owns a copy of Acrobat.

Garth

"A bad day doing photography is better
 than a good day doing just about
 anything else."

The Unofficial Olympus Web Photo Gallery at:

   http://www.taiga.ca/~gallery/