Re: [OM] Can autofocus be as good as manual focus?

Subject: Re: [OM] Can autofocus be as good as manual focus?
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 16:55:41 +1100
Could never understand this - my 50yo+ eyes do better with good split image
viewfinders (or rangefinders) than autofocus. I suspect that you tend not
to notice that the bloody AF camera has selected the wrong target when you
have poor eyesight.
Speed is the only issue, I've found and I don't move too fast these days.
In fact, my EOS is hard for me to use because I can't read the LCD without
fumbling for reading glasses and I only bother with it now for
'snapshooting.' Reading manual settings an my OM1 or OM2sp is far easier.
Brightness of image is also an issue with aging eyes and most AF zooms that
I can afford are pretty dim.
Andrew