[OM] Artillery ammunition pictures are now online

Subject: [OM] Artillery ammunition pictures are now online
From: "Olaf Greve" <olaf_greve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 11:17:06 -0000
Cc: wliles@xxxxxxxxx
Hi guys,

Not to reincarnate the ammunition thread, but upon Jerry's request I have taken pictures of my artillery casings and put them on-line.

All casings have been bought in small antique shops in France. At least two of them are from WW I (they have dates (OKT 1915 and MARZ 1917) printed in German on them), 3 of the other ones are from WW II (all are from 1944), and the other one may or may not be from 1949.

Ob-oly: All pictures were taken with the Olympus OM-4Ti + Zuiko 50/3.5 Macro (@f8) + T32 Flash (fired into a white umbrella on the left side, with a white reflector on the right side).

A lot of digital edits were necessary to make the picture's look a bit closer to the real slides. They were: Gamma correction +1.30, added 4 0reen (to get rid of the magenta cast), applied "unsharp mask" twice (and in some pictures even three times). Nonetheless, the scans are not sharp, as they're scanned on a flat bad scanner using a slide mask (so the slides are actually suspended above the scanner's glass plate).

Either way, the page is more than anything else for demonstrative purposes, so I hope you'll enjoy it anyway.

Also, I hope soemone can identify these shells, and tell me what and where they're from. For any info, by all means write me at olaf_greve@xxxxxxxxxxx .

Good, having said all that, the URL is:
http://www.millennics.com/olympus/ammo2/

Enjoy!