Re: [OM] Re:[OT] News Media Practices and the UNfree Press

Subject: Re: [OM] Re:[OT] News Media Practices and the UNfree Press
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 08:12:37 -0700
[Gentle Reminder Mode On....]

This thread has been going on awhile....  started with the Challenger
disaster, then moved to alleged gov'ment coverups, and now is aimed at
freedom or lack thereof of the press... and while it has had an
interesting moment or two, much of it is of little or no interest to the
many international readers subscribed to the list.  That includes me, by
the way.

Remember, folks, there's lots of people spending time and money
downloading the messages who don't live in the U.S. and who aren't
really interested in the 1st Amendment, U.S. politics (present *and*
past), and the performance or lack thereof of the U.S. media.

In other words, notwithstanding the "[OT]" flag in the subject line, isn't it
'bout time we put this one to rest?

[...Gentle Reminder Mode Off]

Regards,

Chris