Re: [OM] Eyesight corrections lenses / FM3a

Subject: Re: [OM] Eyesight corrections lenses / FM3a
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 13:50:53 -0700
> Is there a way of working out what correction factor I need from the
> prescription for my glasses ?  That is, if I need +2.5 dipotre in reading
> glasses and +1.5 for VDU work, what correction lens should I buy ?

Susan, jump in here if I really screw this up!

The OM viewfinder already has a +0.5 diopter so you have to "add" that to
whatever you need.  That's why a -5 diopter works perfectly for my -4.5
shooting eye (-5 plus +0.5 equals -4.5).

I'm not sure what you mean by VDU work, but for me it was the value for my
"far" vision that I needed.  So, my guess is that you *don't* wanna use the
+2.5 diopter required for reading glasses.

Btw, if there's a major difference between your "near" and "far" values,
you might have a little difficulty "reading" the meter in the viewfinder.
I do find the needle in my OM-2 a little "fuzzy" but not 'nuff so that I
can't tell what I'm doing.  Haven't tried it with the digital display in my
OM-10 yet.

Hope that's helpful.  And, Susan, I hope I didn't screw it up too badly!
:-)

Regards,

Chris