[OM] LCD life (was: Can autofocus be as good as manual focus?)

Subject: [OM] LCD life (was: Can autofocus be as good as manual focus?)
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 21:26:24
The Legend Of The Dying LCD Display continues to be a non-issue for my equipment that has 'em. My Canon T70s, Tandy Model 102 laptop, etc., keep rolling along years after their alleged demise.

Yup, I know, some of those LCDs do go kersplat - bleeding, fading, etc. - but it hasn't happened to me yet. I wonder whether exposure to environmental extremes or physical mishandling is the real factor.

Since I mistakenly left one of my T70s in the car last night and the temp got down into the 30s I may find out for myself...

Lex
"As I was going up the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today.
I wish, I wish he'd go away."

Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 19:22:11 -0800
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

...The LCD lifetime is scary.  Has anyone lost the LCD in their OM4/4T yet?