RE:[OM] Garbledygoop from verbatim message quoting

Subject: RE:[OM] Garbledygoop from verbatim message quoting
From: "Donald MacDonald" <Donald.MacDonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 11:48:51 -0000
Lex moaned:

<snip>
This is the first time I've ever complained about message quoting but
today's example is just ridiculous.
<snip>

Well thank goodness for that. Somebody else noticed. More than half of that
Digest (2165) was quoting two FS messages, with one-line queries about the
items. Surely this is on the unacceptable side? I suppose there is nothing
that can be done about the HTML coming through, that seems to be a fault of
the mail programs (and I was guilty myself, briefly, after switching to
Outlook Express).

I have (politely, I trust) mentioned this off-list, but it is reassuring; I
was beginning to believe it was just me.

Donald.

Donald Neil MacDonald BA DipLIS
www.bigmac1st.freeserve.co.uk