[OM] [OT] Off Topic Bulk (I'm guilty too)

Subject: [OM] [OT] Off Topic Bulk (I'm guilty too)
From: "Mickey Trageser" <mickeytr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 10:49:39 -0800
<Sigh....> It's getting more difficult to find and enjoy the OM content on
this list. Using the delete key based on subject is not effective, since
content transforms while the stated subject remains the same. On topic and
Off topic posts stray wildly from thier original subject. This helps to
defeat the purpose of a topic centered list.

Remember- replies and comments do not have to be delivered ON LIST. You can
send it directly to your intended reader.

If you have 2 topics to cover, use 2 messages. That way we all benefit from
more concise subject info. If you stray from the subject, start a new one. I
hate when I find I've been deleting a thread that changed into something I'm
interested in!

As members of this community, I think we all know why we're here. 1. OM
content. and 2. fellowship. They are both great and we find some of the most
OM knowlegable people right here. We also find a great depth of knowlege
(and opinions) in other fields. It is a part of our communal fabric.
Hopefully, when we pan out from the detail of our individual posts, we still
can recognize that the fabric is an OM flag that we wave proudly, and not
just an 18 0ray reflectant rag.

-Mickey