[OM] Will this flash set up work?

Subject: [OM] Will this flash set up work?
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2001 08:20:05 -0800

Here is the intended set up. It is configured in a diamond shape with the elongated distance between opposite points in a vertical direction and the shortened distance between the other two points in a horizontal position.

At 6 o' clock is my 4T; at nine o' clock is my F280 connected to the camera with an extension cord; at 3 o'clock is my Vivitar 285 attached to a slave; and at twelve o'clock is the subject.

When the F280 fires it will trigger the slave and the Vivitar will fire. My query is this:

If I set the power output of the Vivitar will the flash output of the F280, whether in super FP mode or in normal OTF mode, take care of itself by reference to the output of the Vivitar and the strength of the surrounding ambient light?

All I have done is to have introduced another source of light, in addition to the ambient daylight or lack thereof, under which the F280 is required to function.

John Hudson
Vancouver, BC