Re: [OM] Will this flash set up work?

Subject: Re: [OM] Will this flash set up work?
From: "Daan Kalmeijer" <daan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 21:12:23 +0100
I have a book on OM1&2 cameras that shows some pictures where a OM2 (non-n)
is used on TTL and a non-connected flash (I think it was a 310 but that
doesn't matter, it wasn't connected) was fired a couple of times from
different locations. The TTL system was able to calculate these short pulses
AND the daylight into a proper exposure. I would expect other TTL bodies to
behave the same.

I suppose both the flash connectors (the shoe and the cable socket) trigger
at the selected speed (FP or normal TTL). If , when using FP sync, only the
shoe gives a FP trigger and the cable socket gives a normal TTL trigger,
then it would be possible to do this setup.

Daan

Pictures of Insects at:
http://www.kalmeijer.net

> Hans van Veluwen wrote:
> >
> > : If I set the power output of the Vivitar will the flash output of the
F280,
> > : whether in super FP  mode or in normal OTF mode, take care of itself
by
> > : reference to the output of the Vivitar and the strength of the
surrounding
> > : ambient light?
> >
> > You can't use Super FP Mode because the Vivitar won't be synchronized.
OTF flash
> > by itself can take daylight into account, but not the sudden burst of an
> > auxiliary non-dedicated flash when its output might cause overexposure.
The only