[OM] A short eBay rant

Subject: [OM] A short eBay rant
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 14:02:27 EST
>From a current e-bay auction......

<<
Olympus OM-1 35mm Chrome Body: Ser# 1832240. Great little 35 mm            <<
SNIP >>
The cap that covers the adjustmant mechanism on the bottom is missing
   ( I’m sure a local camera shop would have one laying around).

I wonder if the guy ever tried to take advantage of the "adjustmant
mechanism" on the camera bottom. ( Motor Drive socket, of course ) I wonder
if he tried to adjust the shutter? mirror? flash sync?  This is why eBay is a
dangerous place to buy sensitive camera gear from a pawn shop or antiques
dealer or flea market dealer. Who knows what some clown tried to "fix"?
Another reason to buy from list members first!

Regards,
George S.