Re: [OM] Lens Cleaning solutions

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens Cleaning solutions
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 14:24:58 EST
CHLing previously described how he had bad experience using ROR1.
My experience has been good using ROR. It seems to be very similar to dilute
windex. They claim 1% ammonia.

The greasy marks you sometimes get with any cleaning material depends on the
muck on the lens. If there is lots of it you have to do a lot more cleaning
to remove it otherwise you just spread it.

I now use ROR,alchohol,Kodak or even a lens pen depending on what seems to
work the best for the particular muck.  For persistent muck I use two layers
of lens tissue over the rubber foot of a lens pen thus avoiding the magic
cleaning substance on the pen.  You can also use micro-fibre cloth over a
lens pen foot. This allows cleaning up to the edge of the lens. The lens pens
are probably not a good idea for significant muck without a disposable
covering as they may accumulate grease and then spread it to all your lenses.

For what it is worth the used photo dept at Kiebel an Schucat (a large local
store) seems to use ROR applied on a microfibre cloth.

                  Regards,
                 Tim Hughes