Re: [OM] Lens Cleaning solutions

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens Cleaning solutions
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2001 13:02:46 -0700
At 01:44 PM 2/4/2001 -0500, George S. wrote:
>I think we're talking "relativity" here. What people are saying I think is-
>Don't use Windex for often cleaning of a just "dusty" lens- but it's use for
>your described "dried coca-cola" type spot IS justified. IMO, I'd get
>coca-cola off my lens PRONTO.

Hell, yes!  I didn't know you were dealing with soft drink residue.  Use plain,
clean water, Windex, ANYTHING, just get it off that surface immediately!  I
once did a lab experiment back in junior high school (lo, these many years ago)
in which we took a human tooth and immersed it into Coke solution.  Dissolved
overnight.  No trace of the tooth in the morning.

Garth