Re: [OM] Crazy experiment

Subject: Re: [OM] Crazy experiment
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 13:14:06 -0700
John Lind, a darned good photographer, recently spake thusly:

> A lot of "pinholers" do this by drilling a large hole in an old body cap
> and mounting the pinhole over that.  You might find that easier . . .
> just like changing lenses.

This reminded me of another variation of lens experimentation I heard
about recently but haven't tried....

I've been told one can make a "poor man's fisheye" by drilling a hole in
the center of a lens cap the diameter of one of those door peephole
thingies, and then glue said thingie into the hole.  Attach this gizmo to
the front of your lens and WHAMO...  instant fisheye!

Like I said, I haven't tried it, yet.  Has anyone here done this (or
something similar), and if so what were the results?

Regards,

Chris

---
Chris O'Neill (coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx)