Re: [OM] Lens Cleaning Solutions, Part II

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens Cleaning Solutions, Part II
From: "Bruce Appelbaum" <brucea@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 19:22:33 -0500
The contents of my Dust-off can include difluorethane.  This is a
refrigerant also known at HFC-152a.

As with all refrigerants, as the liquid in the can expands to a vapor as you
spray it, it absorbs heat from the surroundings (the latent heat of
vaporization).  That's why the can gets real cold!

Tune in again another time for more from Dr. Science ......

PS for those who are just dying to know, HFC stands for hydrofluorocarbon.
These materials don't deplete the ozone layer but may contribute to global
warming

end

Regards

Bruce Appelbaum