Re: [OM] Lens Cleaning/ OT Global warming

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens Cleaning/ OT Global warming
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 20:45:31 EST
In a message dated 2/4/01 4:55:11 PM Pacific Standard Time, ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
writes:

> Since we've only been keeping weather
>  records for about 100 years, how do the "tree huggers" know it's global
>  warming and not just "normal" fluctuations? Seems suspicious to me...

Oh gawd, here we go again...  Some of the "tree huggers", as you refer to
them, George, are by-gawd scientists, working across discipline lines
(biology to oceanography to meteorology to geology, volcanology, etc.) who
are comparing the recorded wx records with what they know from the record the
earth herself has been keeping for thousands of years in such places as tree
rings, the polar ice caps, ocean floor sediments, etc.

It's not just environmental extremists who are concerned about what's going
on.  There is NO QUESTION that man's contribution to global warming in the
form of fossil fuel emissions, fluorohydrocarbons, deforestation, etc., is
REAL -- and getting worse in most places, instead of better.  There MAY be a
natural warming cycle going on, but man is sure doing nothing to keep it
"natural", slow or reverse it.

Back ON topic, I just returned from Fred Meyer, where I see they now have
both 70% and 99 0sopropyl alcohol.  And as someone said, if you use cotton
balls, be sure they are 100otton.  Some they had (the cheaper ones, of
course) were 60otton, 400olyester.  Read those labels.

Rich