[OM] 35-105mm Zuiko

Subject: [OM] 35-105mm Zuiko
From: "Gilbs" <gilbs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 02:12:00 -0000
Hi Folks,
I was just wandering past a local photo shop & couldn't help noticing a rather
nice looking 35-105mm Zuiko in the window. Never having seen one before I went
in to have a look, and tried it on quite a nice original OM1.  "Take it outside
for a try", the salesman said.  It felt right & proved to be in very good
condition indeed, so obviously I had to have it!  (Thank you Visa!)  The
salesman started his hard sell routine, quite unaware how unneccesary it all
was!.....
Anyway, Obviously I need to get out there & try it out properly, but I'd
welcome any comments on this lens from anyone who has one.  Is the close focus
as useful as it sounds?
 Oh, I did manage to resist the OM1, as I do already have an OM1n. (Willpower!)
 Mind you, I've also got a 35-70mm Zuiko, bit of duplication there! The bug
never really goes away, does it?!

Andy Gilbert
Exeter
England