Re: [OM] 35-105mm Zuiko

Subject: Re: [OM] 35-105mm Zuiko
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 20:26:05 -0600
Andy,

I think you'll like the 35-105. The extra range is quite nice.  You'll find
it a nice compliment to the 35-70, not a replacement. The 35-70 is smaller,
but less range, the 35-105 has a little more range at the expense of a
little size/weight.  Great lens.

Tom
From: "Gilbs" <gilbs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Folks,
I was just wandering past a local photo shop & couldn't help noticing a
rather nice looking 35-105mm Zuiko in the window. Never having seen one
before I went in to have a look, and tried it on quite a nice original OM1.
"Take it outside for a try", the salesman said.  It felt right & proved to
be in very good condition indeed, so obviously I had to have it!  (Thank you
Visa!)  The salesman started his hard sell routine, quite unaware how
unneccesary it all was!.....
Anyway, Obviously I need to get out there & try it out properly, but I'd
welcome any comments on this lens from anyone who has one.  Is the close
focus as useful as it sounds?
 Oh, I did manage to resist the OM1, as I do already have an OM1n.
(Willpower!)  Mind you, I've also got a 35-70mm Zuiko, bit of duplication
there! The bug never really goes away, does it?!

Andy Gilbert
Exeter
England