Re: [OM] (Fwd) OT: LASIK: to see or not to see?

Subject: Re: [OM] (Fwd) OT: LASIK: to see or not to see?
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 21:35:20 EST
cgeilfuss@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> The
>  majority of patients see halos around bright lights at night. If your
myopia
>  is progressive, you will continue to develop nearsightedness and
eventually
>  will again require glasses.

Either of those reasons is enough to keep me from wanting the surgery, not to
mention the other potential risks that are present with ANY surgery.  My
eyesight is simply too important to me.  I hate wearing glasses.  Wore
contacts for several years and did O.K. with them, but HAVE to wear some eye
protection when machining, so glasses are a minimum at work.  Until BOTH of
the drawbacks mentioned above by Charlie are SOLVED, I'll stick to
eyeglasses, much as I hate them, thank you.

Rich