RE: [OM] LCD life (was: Can autofocus be as good as manual focus?)

Subject: RE: [OM] LCD life (was: Can autofocus be as good as manual focus?)
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 11:47:59 -0800
In a message dated 2/2/2001 "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
writes:

<< My 8020 meter had the disease. The company I worked for stocked
displays for
8020's because they failed so often.
The initial display lasted 4 years.  The one that replaced it has lasted
15... >>

Interesting...perhaps I have a good one. My 8020B must be pushing close
to 20 years old and still works perfectly. (Yes, display is still fine.)
OTOH, some of later model Flukes in the shop (the kind with the rotary
dial...70 series I think) have display-itis.

Fluke makes a great meter...I have since bought a Sunpro for car work
because it has duty cycle (handy for setting up FI mixture) but my 8020B
still gets used the two times a week I am in the shop at my moonlighting
job (still fixing consumer electronic stuff after all these years...the
things we do for income).

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com