Re: [OM] OT Global warming

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Global warming
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 22:10:07 -0600
On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 07:07:37PM -0800, Ray Moth wrote:
> No-one can escape global warming and
> ozone depletion -unless they can move to another planet, that is!

1) ...and we've given up on space, at least in part on the insistence of
environmentalists who want to spend money on bugs and weeds.
2) NASA scientists are showing that the ozone hole is a) cyclic, b)
shrinking, and c) not at all necessarily the result of fluorocarbons.
3) While I'm on the NASA subject, the Rogers Commission report on the
Challenger disaster discusses the state of the crew's oxygen bottles, and
notes that some were indeed turned on, concluding that the astronauts did
survive the explosion.