Re: [OM] OT Global warming

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Global warming
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 09:21:13 -0500
>On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 07:07:37PM -0800, Ray Moth wrote:
>> No-one can escape global warming and
>> ozone depletion -unless they can move to another planet, that is!
>
>1) ...and we've given up on space, at least in part on the insistence of
>environmentalists who want to spend money on bugs and weeds.

Actually the new, um, "thrust" of NASA is to use space vehicles to study
Earth. I liked Al Gore's idea of a satellite with a camera aimed at the Earth
and wired to the internet 365/24/7.

>2) NASA scientists are showing that the ozone hole is a) cyclic, b)
>shrinking, and c) not at all necessarily the result of fluorocarbons.

I would be very interested in reading any online reports you may have
available about this. I was not aware of that research. In fact, the most
recent information I read was that the Arctic was loosing ozone at an
alarming rate also.

--
Be Seeing You.
Dirk Wright