Re: [OM] OT - N*k*n FM3A

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - N*k*n FM3A
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 11:09:04 -0800
Dear Kazuya,

Thank you very much for your price information, well $850 listed is
quite expensive. Street price may be close to $700, just too expensive
for the student here :-)

C.H.Ling

"k.matsumoto" wrote:

 > Seeing the features of the FM3a, I think it will be very expensive, at
 > least more than the current FM2n, seems not a student model.

 > > C.H.Ling

I don't think any FM, new, ever qualified as a "student camera" because of the price.

The idea of a student camera is rather curious to me. It seems to me to be a basic manual focus camera with some sort of automatic or semi-automatic exposure system that is built and priced so cheaply that a student can afford it and hopefully it will last long enough to take mediocre pictures for the class. Once the student has "learned" photography he/she can then buy a grown up camera which requires no knowledge at all to operate and which will never be operated manually. Why not start with a point and shoot or with a good manual camera to start with? The cost of the so called student camera added to the cost of the subsequent, even inexpensive camera would be enough to buy a very nice camera.

So maybe an OM4T, OM3T, or FM3a could be a "student camera".

Winsor
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA