RE: [OM] Vivitar 283 with Olympus Studio [going OT]

Subject: RE: [OM] Vivitar 283 with Olympus Studio [going OT]
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 14:24:51 -0700
A technique that works well for many applications is to set the
lightboxes/flashes to under-expose and fire them from slaves actuated by a
TTL auto flash hooked to the OM2N. The auto flash will provide enough trim
light to reach the correct exposure. It will take some testing to get the
light balance where you want it. Either the T20 or the T32 could be used
that way. The Vivitar SL-2 is a good slave actuator but I don't know if it
is still available. There are also AC powered slave flashes that are not too
expensive. Some have modeling lights and some don't. If you are repeating
the same basic setup most of the time, modeling lights may not be too
important. The high end professional products like this are very expensive
but less expensive units can be pruchased from places like Porters. I have
two Vivitar 285 flashes that I no longer need if you would be interested in
them.

/jim