[OM] Student Camera /was OT - N*k*n FM3A

Subject: [OM] Student Camera /was OT - N*k*n FM3A
From: "k.matsumoto" <GHA02260@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 09:34:10 +0900
> I don't think any FM, new, ever qualified as a "student camera"
> because of the price.

I think I misused the term.  By "student" I meant those of
photographer's schools and designer's schools.  They are at least 18
years old and they graduate to become pro photographers or at least
get a job related to photography.

In ordinary high schools and colleges in our country we don't learn
about photography at all, so you can use any kind of camera you like
to take picture of your friends.  But yes, I think FM3a is too
expensive for ordinary students and even too "special".  Most of
them use disposable cameras or his/her family camera.  Rich kids may
use digicams.  Most of them in school's photo club use wunderbricks.
 (But most schools do not allow students to bring expensive items
unnecessary for studying)

BTW, Mr. Maitani says he imagined a "13 year old boy going to his
first SLR" as the target user of the OM-10.  Do you agree with him?

kazuya matsumoto (the confuser)