Re: [OM] a new web page!

Subject: Re: [OM] a new web page!
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 21:56:34 EST
chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< He says he wanted to photograph the flag raising but that it had
 | already happened.  However, the marines' commander saw the flag they
 | had raised and said "get a *bigger* one up there".  The idea was to
 | demoralize the Japanese resistance. >>

BTW- Did anyone catch The History Channel this evening? I saw a promo piece
earlier today that said the show at 7PM (US Eastern Time) would contain a
segment on "What happened to the Iwo Jima flag."   I missed the show while
helping a neighbor with something.

George S.