Re: [OM] Quality issues on the 600mm tele?

Subject: Re: [OM] Quality issues on the 600mm tele?
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 00:44:25 +0000
Although it's not a listed combination in the eSIF, I have used a 2X-A with the 300/4.5 with excellent results. It _does_ require a very sturdy tripod, cable release, and even then use of the self-timer to prefire the mirror and stop-down is recommended. Granted, the 300/4.5 with 2X-A is an effective f/9 lens, it does get you out to 600mm. I've been quite surprised by the images I've gotten from it.

-- John