Re: [OM] Quality issues on the 600mm tele?

Subject: Re: [OM] Quality issues on the 600mm tele?
From: Johnsonpa@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 00:43:44 EST
In a message dated 2/7/2001 12:27:13 AM Eastern Standard Time, jnmcbr@xxxxxxx
writes:

> I bought a used Zuiko 600mm last spring and could not get sharp focus on the
> thing at long distances. It appeared to only focus accurately to about 80
> feet and then the mechanism ran out of travel. Olympus serviced the lens
> and it still had the same problem. I returned it and got my money back. The
> same seller has a 600mm on EBAY at this time and I suspect it is the same
> lens. /jnm

Indeed!  It IS the same lens, only the seller told me earlier that HE noticed
that it did not focus at infinity and sent it off to Olympus for the CLA and
bench test.  Very interesting....
FWIW, I purchased quite a bit from this seller a year ago and was very
satisfied with the items and service.

Thanks for the info James
--p.j.