[OM] Lonely Planet Photographer

Subject: [OM] Lonely Planet Photographer
From: "Olaf Greve" <olaf_greve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 09:12:34 -0000
Hi,

I don't know whether some has mentioned this before. There is a nice
little travel photography guide just out in the Lonely Planet series.

Cool!

It is written and photographed by Richard L'Anson, a Melbourne based
photographer.  His photos are used in most of the Lonely Planet
travel guides. His photos in this book are great.

Very interesting! I have several of the LP books (2 different ones from Venezuela, 1 from Peru and 1 from Japan) and found the images interesting (though not quite of the same standards as the masterworks in NG). It should be interesting to see this book dedicated to travel photography.

And...

He lists his equipment as 3 OM4Ti SLRs, 24/2, 35/2, 50/1.4, 100/2, 180/2.8, 300/4(?), 350/2.8, 1.4X,

...this of course makes it even more interesting! :)

Do you have the ISBN number of the book for me?

Not only are his travel pictures great, but his people pictures are
outstanding.  He must really have a way about him.

I shall check out my books to see if they have some pictures by him.

Nice to see some current professional OM out there.

Definitely!

Cheers!
Olafo