[OM] TOPE 5

Subject: [OM] TOPE 5
From: "Olaf Greve" <olaf_greve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 09:42:36 -0000
Hi,

[John said:]

TOPE 5 is almost upon us . . . Olafo hasn't said much about it . . .

Ooooops, how time _does_ fly :)
Here I was thinking my "TOPE vacation" would still last quite a bit longer, but it seems that in a week from now it's time to grab the cameras again and get some shots for it!

Thanks for the reminder John! :)

Theme is portraits and time window is ~Feb 14th through ~Mar 30th.

Indeed it is! I feel this will become yet another excellent installment in an already great gallery!

Time to pull out the 50, 85, 90, 100, and 135mm Zuiko's . . . or whatever else will suit the subject material (8mm fisheye? 1000mm
telephoto????????) and get ready for it:

Yes, it should be interesting to see the different styles that people will use for taking the portraits.

http://www.web-wizards.com/olympus/tope/

An important thingie here: The web-wizards.com domain is to go (although it will not expire for another 11 months or so), so from now on it's best to refer to the TOPE URL as:
http://www.millennics.com/olympus/tope/

[Jay added:]

Actually, I think Matt BenDaniel's 16mm self-portrait is one of the more interesting ones on the page...

That was certainly a very funny shot :)

[John reacted:]

Yes, indeed. As I recall he held the camera at arm's length, took a guess at the aiming and shot it. Kinda cool!

Actually, that was Chip Stratton's 16mm shot, but Matt's shot was also a funny one. Furthermore, Hans used a fish-eye adapter to get a picture with fish-eye effect too.

[Finally Dirk asked:]

people? or "other"??

Well, the idea was that they would be people portraits, nonetheless, if so desired I shall not put any constraints on that. IOW: if you want to take animal portraits or something else that will fit the theme your welcome to do so!

One really important constraint that is not listed on the site, but which I'm serious about: The TOPE pages are hosted on my "Millennics server", which is the server I use for any and all things related to my own company called Millennics (which should soon really be activated, but is on stand-by right now). For this reason, even though I do not exactly dislike glamour shots, I will not allow any entries of people portraits that show nudity (simply as I don't want people to make the wrong "associations" with the name Millennics). Sorry, this is final, so if any one was counting on such pictures, they'll be dissapointed...;)

Having said that: I wish everyone a happy TOPE 5, and the shooting season will be opened in exactly one week from now!

Cheers!
Olafo