RE: [OM] .....Melbourne.....

Subject: RE: [OM] .....Melbourne.....
From: "Stephen Border" <sborder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 20:45:21 +1000

Then Wayne wrote:

>I wouldn't say this was typical, from my experience OM-1 in Exc condition
go for between $AU300 & $AU400, although I've seen >a few grossly overpriced
examples.

Well I'm not a native Melbournian but here is my two cents worth:

Elizabeth St camera stores can go from the OK to the ridiculous on price.  I
bought a Exc 4ti with databack 4 for AUD$799 a year ago, also picked up a
Samurai X4.0 for $99 (Genius on Elizabeth St for both these), a 28-48/4 for
$190 (Camera Lane) and a Databack 4 for $100 (Michaels). Divide by 2 for
US$.

Walk up Elizabeth St towards the Queen Victoria markets on the left hand
side and you will come across a few camera stores.
There are also a couple more in the back streets behind the Elizabeth St
shops but I can't remember the addresses. Check the Yellow pages when you
arrive.

Just remember if you do find any bargains etiquette requires that you call
Wayne, Peter and Andrew and offer them first go :-)

Hope you enjoy your stay and I can vouch for the Great Ocean Road,
spectacular scenery

Stephen (who's next visit to Melbourne will be on Tuesday morning for 1hr
50mins, not long enough to clean out the Oly gear)
Brisbane Australia