Re: [OM] a new web page!

Subject: Re: [OM] a new web page!
From: Christopher Biggs <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 08 Feb 2001 08:57:36 +1000
Cc: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx> moved upon the face of the 'Net and spake
thusly:

> >Is the colour cast intentional?   These (very fine, BTW) images are
> >not really black and white, as can be seen by loading them into an
> >image editor and switching to greyscale mode.
> >

> The color cast is as delivered by Kodak on their photo CD. I agree that it is
> not "true" B+W photography, but I still like it very much. I used the new
> color-process B+W "+" film from Kodak. Kodak did all the processing also,
> since I figured they would know how to best handle this emulsion.

I used to shoot T400CN (the pro version of same film) before I got a
"real" darkroom (I now shoot mostly HP5+).  I found that rating at at
250 instead of 400 helped get a more neutral result.

Of course, if you're getting Photo CD scans, you can always desaturate
the scan afterward.

--cjb

--
 Christopher J Biggs \ chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx \ Vice-Pope Torture & Indulgences
 Stallion Technologies\ Brisbane,  Australia \   Holy Church of Givashitology