Re: [OM] Digital Olympus accessories/flash - anyoneknowsanything?

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital Olympus accessories/flash - anyoneknowsanything?
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 13:48:45 +0800
I never trust the sensor on flash for slide works. I have tested no
less than four T32s and two T20s, they all gives very consistent
reading of less than 0.3 stop different between flashes for the same
object. But with different object's reflection, you will sure get very
different flash output. I usually found the T flashes give around 2/3
stop under for large size medium color reflection object (with flash
meter). For others it depends on the reflection of the object, e.g.
the clothes' color of your model.

The TTL flash is quite accurate on my 4Ti, 2sp, 4, 40. With Zuiko
100/2, Kodak gray card, on camera T32 and the "film" (a piece of
semi-transparent sheet) came with my 4Ti. With gray card set at a
distance of 1.5m, at F5.6 my flash meter gives exact reading. F4 and
F8 error was less than 0.1 stop; F2.8 over 0.3 stop and F11 under 0.3
stop.

I have never try any other flashes, may be they are even poorer, I
like the simplicity of the OM T-flashes.

I only believe my flash meter, the slides came out from my metered
flashes were extremely accurate last time when I took around 120 shots
of clothes samples for my friend. If I don't have a flash meter on
hand, I will use GN calculation. I only use TTL with +/- compensation
for my marco shoot and auto will only be used for negatives.

C.H.Ling