Re: [OM] T 32 Flash Settings

Subject: Re: [OM] T 32 Flash Settings
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 14:14:13 +0800
Actually I shoot not much, but I did tested a lot and got a lots of
bad experience with flashes fill in for both day and night time in the
pass (some due to one hour lab's poor printing).

For day time fill in, usually I will set the shutter to 1/60s (that is
max sync of OM cameras except OM101 and 707, OM2000), adjust the
aperture to give a proper reading of the background. Us GN method to
set the flash output, e.g. if the aperture is F8 and distance is 2m
then set the T32 to 1/4 output (GN16), you will get nice result. If
you can't get the exact value, use T32 diffuser or ND filter to obtain
the right output or adjust the object distance or shutter speed...
etc.

For night time flash, if I have a tripod, I will set the aperture and
flash power first than adjust the shutter to give -1 exposure for the
background. If I shoot hand held, I will set the slowest shutter speed
I expected I can hold steadily, adjust the aperture and then set the
flash power.

Actually in both day and night shoot, the background exposure is
depends on the effect you want.

One remark for GN calculation is - with my experience of four T32, two
T20, one F280. No matter for 1/4 power (in T32) or max output, all of
them has around one stop under when measured with my flash meter, I'm
sure my meter is very accurate as I have got very accurate result with
slides and it also agree with the TTL result from all my OMs, okay at
most the uncertainty will be less than 0.3 stop.

C.H.Ling