Re: [OM] Quality issues on the 600mm tele?

Subject: Re: [OM] Quality issues on the 600mm tele?
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 07:02:24 EST
One other way that works better for me probably because my tripods are
lighter is to only hold one hand on the camera (right hand to fire shutter)
and place my left hand around the center collar of the tripod just under the
head, and exert a slight pressure straight down. You have to be careful to do
this before you fire the shutter and not just at that moment, and keep the
pressure steady.

George S.

ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I note that Olympus suggests, for long lenses: "When using a tripod,
 hold the camera steady with both hands and press the shutter release
 with the ball of finger, not with the cable release." >>