Re: [OM] Digital Olympus accessories/flash - anyone knowsanything?

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital Olympus accessories/flash - anyone knowsanything?
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 22:37:28 +0800
To answer in shot, yes! At the beginning when one are not familiar with
their DC, most of them will check the LCD every time after the shot, this is
especially true for the P&S type DC. I also did that with my E-10 before I
bought a 340MB IBM microdrive. Since I only got a 32MB SM, I need to check
if the previous shot is okay, if not, delete it and re-shoot.

But now I have lots of "film" and the E-10 has a TTL finder, there is almost
no different with a normal SLR, everything is under control even the
focusing can be verified in the finder (it is not possible with LCD). I
start to treat my E-10 as film camera and shoot normally. I found it works
well, but even I don't check the LCD ever time, I did shot much more. In the
pass with the same object and same composition I will not take more than one
shot, now I may take more if I suspect the previous one may have focusing or
hand shaking problem. I don't think I will make a shoot without thinking too
much. Although the waste or duplicated frame will be more but it cost
nothing. On the other hand with a DC I no longer need to wait two or three
weeks to complete a roll of 35mm film to see the result.

Actually one can improve their photo technique faster with a DC if they use
it properly. If they just use it as P&S then no one can help. I found lots
of young people has very weak technique background, they don't even know how
the shutter and aperture related and their uses, they just use their auto
everything AF camera, mighty zoom lens and very happily showing their sharp
pictures, without knowing how to do real photography.

C.H.Ling