Re: [OM] Arlington

Subject: Re: [OM] Arlington
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 11:23:13 -0500
>I have a strong residual memory of Arlington..an uncle of mine was buried
>there while I was in college...I drove up from Roanoke College with a strong
>fever (didn't know it yet, but had mono with strep..one sick puppy) and
>parked down on the Key Bridge (near the Iwo Jima memorial) at the bottom and
>trudged up that dang "mountain"...quite a trek when you're ill. Got up top
>and fainted on JFK's burial site in front of the whole funeral.

Oh, you just *have* to be dramatic, don't you??? <g> I mean, falling on JFK's
grave, sheesh!

>PS Dirk..have you been out to Mount Vernon yet? Today it'll be 70F!!!! If i
>didn't already have two appointments this p.m. my butt would be outdoors
with
>an OM...

Not for a long time. We went to the nearby Woodlawn Plantation to visit FLW's
Pope-Lehiegh House. I love architecture....I thought it was only going to be
in upper 50's today? Tomorrow, I'm leaving work early to do a shoot at the
FDR Memorial. I've been there before, I hope I find some inspiriation soon.
Maybe I should try a different place? I don't have a car here at work, only
Metro.
--
Be Seeing You.
Dirk Wright