Re: [OM] T 32 Flash Settings

Subject: Re: [OM] T 32 Flash Settings
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 18:46:49 -0800 (PST)
Thanks very much for your complete explanation. I just need to know how
to adjust the output of the T 32?

You said below in your example:

Us GN method to set the flash output, e.g. if the aperture is F8 and
distance is 2m
> then set the T32 to 1/4 output (GN16), you will get nice result.

Does this mean then you are not using the TTL mode, that you are using
manual flash mode?
Titoy, I have rarely been disappointed using flash in TTL mode (OM-2S)
for indoors portraits with a mid-tone background. On the other hand,
outdoors, or with light or dark subject, or against a bright or dark
background, the results have often been poor. TTL flash is not so good
under such circumstances.

Using GN is superior because it doesn't depend on the reflectance of
the subject or background (a bit like the 'sunny 16' rule). It simply
delivers the required amount of light for correct exposure, given the
flash-to-subject distance, the lens aperture and the film speed. At
least, that's my understanding; somebody please correct me if I'm
wrong. :-)

Regards,

=====
Ray