Re: [OM] Digital Olympus accessories/flash - anyone knows anything?

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital Olympus accessories/flash - anyone knows anything?
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 09:44:32 +0000 (UTC)
On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, Gregg Iverson wrote:

> What about using a slave.  I've seen a pro use a flash in his hand like
> that.  The on camera flash powers the off camera and wireless flash giving
> greater light.

Gregg,

While processing the batch of mails today (but before reading yours), I
had this thought and it off as a q to the list. It will probably work well
in the studio setting (and I guess I am going to try it out). But I am not
sure how well it will work (if atall) with the flash mounted on a bracket
(think: the family dinner, 15 people around the table, and you just *need*
more light than what the build-in can give.).

But yeah, I am definitely going to try the flash-slave idea. It's a good
one for some applications

--thomas

> Gregg
>
> Thomas wrote:
> >Hello All,
> >
> >As some may know, the other half is the happy owner of a Camedia
> >3030z. While a good little camera, it has its shortcommings, one of which
> >being (as with all small cameras) that the build-in flash is often just
> >not enough.
> >
> >Fortunetely, though, we have other flashes laying around, specifically a
> >number of T32's, all in working condition. The quest now: to attach one of
> >those to the 3030z.

Mange hilsner / Sincerely

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)