Re: [OM] Digital Olympus accessories/flash - anyone knowsanything?

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital Olympus accessories/flash - anyone knowsanything?
From: "Paul Farrar" <farrar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 08:57:44 -0600 (CST)

This is in partial answer to an earlier question of yours. When you are
up close, the flash can overexpose before the camera has a chance to shut
it off. The 2n (or at least mine) is faster than the 4T at shutting off
the flash. It can shut off in about half the time of the 4T (and,
presumably, the 2S). The 4T will, however, tell you after the fact that
it overexposed, so you can put on a diffusor or stop down.

As a related issue I have gotten disagreements between the 4T's flash
shutoff circuit and the after-the-fact over/under exposure detection
over what constitutes a proper exposure. The over/under was right.

Paul