Re: [OM] [OT] Re: "Basic MBA material" (Was: discussion of Oly digital i

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Re: "Basic MBA material" (Was: discussion of Oly digital incomp...
From: lclark@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 14:39:03 -0500
In <a4.fc3e2f4.27b544b2@xxxxxxx>, on 02/09/01 at 08:03 AM,
   ClassicVW@xxxxxxx said:

>The "marketing hype" definitely got a big boost from the computer age.
>We're  all used to seeing things almost "obsolete" in a matter of
>months.

But, you know, I infer from the comments I've been reading here that as
users age, they become less susceptible to this marketing hype, and more
concerned with durability and quality. If so, then the  concerns
everyone has been expressing, on both sides of the issue, are age-grade
related. An amusing thought, eh? Of course, there was the admonition
from Max Weber a hundred years ago of the increasing bureaucratization
of everyday life. But, I digress. Sorry about that.