RE: [OM] Re:Dirty mirror and N-k-n to OM long lens fit

Subject: RE: [OM] Re:Dirty mirror and N-k-n to OM long lens fit
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 16:57:07 -0500
Rick,
1. Since it is an OM-1, not a 2s, or 4, you can CAREFULLY clean it using
alcohol or other good lens cleaner. YOU CANNOT DO THIS ON ANY OM CAMERA THAT
HAS THE 2dn MIRROR!!
OM-1, 2 and 2n mirrors are multicoated and can withstand careful cleaning.
Just make sure to clean in one direction as much as possible.  Do not clean
in a circular motion.
When I was at P&B, we used to show how great OM mirrors were by cleaning
them with our ties!

2. Use a pipe wrench.  There is no known adapter for the Asanuma lenses.
Asanuma did not make an adapter, only Tamron with the Adaptamatic, later
Adaptall and Adaptall 2, Sigma with the YS, Soligor and Vivitar with the T4
and Vivitar with the TX series.

Brian P. Huber