Re: [OM] [OT] Re: "Basic MBA material" (Was: discussion of Oly digital

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Re: "Basic MBA material" (Was: discussion of Oly digital incompatibilities w/OM System stuff)
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 10:23:08 +1100
>Experience at work leads me to never trust version x.0, and eye x.1 with
>suspicion. Never be the 'guinea pig' for a product, be it a car, software or
>whatever. They'll often improve it once flaws are revealed by customer use,
>sometimes without saying so. Even if I could afford an E-10 I'd want to wait
>for the E-20 or whatever. The first attempt isn't always right, and I'm not
>going to pay for the privilege.
>Simon E.

Ah, but Simon - the XA was superior to the XA1, 2 and 3 was it not? I
suspect, having found themselves with a brilliant but relatively
unsuccessful product, it was then cheapened for a mass market who might
like the clamshell but wouldn't want to focus manually.
It's a good rule, but there are too many exceptions. Especially in software
where later versions are often so loaded up with useless features that they
become seriously 'top-heavy' and have a whole new suite of bugs.
Andrew