Re: [OM] Update: Resetting an OM-PC

Subject: Re: [OM] Update: Resetting an OM-PC
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 20:03:50 -0700
On 10 Feb 2001, at 21:38, John A. Lind wrote:

> If the magnets are anything similar to the OM-10 in concept of operation, I
> found with mine . . . which stuck horribly after being stored for a long
> time . . . work fairly well after putting a Winder 2 on it and firing it
> about 500-600 times.  Then I always left it stored without it wound to the
> next frame.  If I forgot, the first couple of frames might overexpose
> slightly.  That worked quite well until for a number of months I could send
> it for a CLA.

Thanks for that tip, John.  It's sitting at my favorite used-camera store
right now, waiting for the service guy to look at it monday and give an
estimate for that CLA.  I'm not sure I'm gonna go through with it, though,
as if it's very much (and they usually are), it isn't economically feasible.

Just judging by the condition of the thing, my guess is that it was
dropped (hence the dented lens) which caused it to "hang."  Then, the
owner put it away for quite sometime (hence the layer of "crud" on it),
hoping to maybe get it fixed someday.  Then, finally, it "entered the
market" and eventually found its way to me.

Btw, it froze again while we were playing with it in the camera store.
Removal and reinsertion of the batteries brought it back to life.  So, as
Clint suggested, my guess is that it's the magnet.  So, maybe
"exercising" it will give it a new lease on life.

Thanks, again...

Regards,

Chris

---