Re: [OM] Focusing a 28mm f/2.8 lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Focusing a 28mm f/2.8 lens
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 20:16:00 -0700
On 10 Feb 2001, at 17:54, Jim L'Hommedieu wrote:

> I'm new to the group so I'll introduce myself briefly....

Welcome aboard, Jim!  I'm sure you'll find the company friendly, helpful,
and enlightening!

> Would it help to "bracket" the focus or is it just a mediocre lens?

It's been quite awhile since I used the 28/2.8 (serial #1319XX) as I
immediately fell in love with the 24/2.8 that I bought.  However, I never
had major difficulties focusing my 28 that I can recall.  Yeah, you can't
say that it "snaps" into focus, but I've never noticed a major "range of
uncertainty" as you call it.  Nor have a noticed overly fuzzy results from
it.  Mind you, I don't do enlargements as a rule.

Hope that's helpful?

Regards,

Chris

---