Re: [OM] A Flatbed Question

Subject: Re: [OM] A Flatbed Question
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 22:46:36 +0800
Hi Titoy,

I have little experience on flatbed scanner, I think the 610 was on the same
level as the 1220s but 1220s was one or two generations newer than the 610.
If your source (print) is large enough, e.g. at least 5x7 inch, you scan it
at 600dpi, with some software sharpening, it will give you very good result
when print to 8x10.

The demo print made by printer supplier is specially generated from very
good source scan (I think even medium or large format plus drum scan) and
photos were taken under professional lighting condition with experience
photographer and beautiful models, also they know how to hide the weak point
of ink printer, they are not easy to duplicate. At least that is what I have
seen here in Hong Kong, don't know about the quality of demo print at your
side though.

C.H.Ling