Re: [OM] your favorite lenses???

Subject: Re: [OM] your favorite lenses???
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 19:41:04 -0600
Dane,

The tests can drive you nuts.  They are incredibly useful (Thanks Gary!),
but in the end, it is the photographer more than the lens. I've owned both
the 24/2 and the 24/2.8 and ended up keeping the 2.8.  They're both fine
lenses, but I liked the smaller lens better (it also uses 49mm filters,
which is nice).  The 24/2 is also excellent, but at a price premium.

In the end, just pick the one you prefer, and you'll be happy.

Tom

From: "dane skye" <dane@xxxxxxxxx>

> Hi-
>
> I am trying to decide which lenses to buy/which are the "good ones".
After
> doing some research I have to admit a little confusion.  I have read the
> Gary Reese lens tests, but wanted input from people in the field.  I
mostly
> shoot outdoors/landscapes/nature.
>
> For example, I want a 24mm- is the Zuiko 2.8 or 2 the way to go?  The
Reese